Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Week in Review

so a lot of exciting things happened this week!! Namely, MY PARENTS CAME! yayyyy that was fun. But before they came, my new spanish novioooo and i had some dates which was lovely, and I finally expeienced Pacha for a Comitas Wednesday celebration. It was really fun especially since like 10 ppl from my program went, though i wore the completely wrong shoes, but whatever.

Moving onward to the weekend! Since my parents have already been to Madrid and Barcelona, we decided to go South to Granada to see the infamous Alhambra. Absolutely amazing. They say that if you die without seeing the Alhambra, you haven't lived (or something like that), so I'm glad I saw it. We also went over to Sevilla to tour there, which was so amazing and gorgeous, even though it DOWNPOURED the whole time we were there.  BUT major pro was that I got to spend time with my parents in a beautiful place, and ALSO got a leopard print dress from Zara, score. This will certainly be making an appearance for New Years and on Penn's campus, so get excited.

Seeing my parents was bittersweet. It was so great to be with them and i am SO thankful that they came (really made my Thanksgiving), but it also made me realize that part of me really doesn't want to leave Madrid. Of course I want to spend more time with my family and friends, but I love this city so much, and have really found a place here, especially in the last month and a half or so. Sad that once you get perfectly acclimated to a place, you have to leave... but such is life.

After relaxing some on Sunday, and catching up on lots of exciting work that I had to do, I had another date on Monday to watch El Clasico (football game between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona). Really intense and a big deal here... unfortunately we lost. No, we didn't loose, we got CRUSHED. ugh. Although Christiano Ronaldo is a BEAUTIFUL man, his skills are no match to Messi. Alas, it was still fun and the spirit of all the football fans was pretty exciting.

Today I had an econ presentation, so nice to get it over with, and my last class of Lit. CRAZY. only 3 more days of class and 5 more actual classes to go. Not too much work left before exams, so that's great! Means i get more time to go out and enjoy Madrid while I still can. Starting with some after-dinner drinks with Allison at Mercado de San Miguel, finally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment